Opening dialogs to show error messages or confirm a choice
Problem: During the execution of your custom script you want to prompt the user with error messages or let him/her confirm a critical choice (e.g. "Do you want to delete this item?")
Solution: For very simple cases, you can use the dialog ressources provided by the browser:
- window.alert: opens a modal dialog with the given message and an "OK" button to close it.
- window.confirm: opens confirmation dialog with the given message and an "OK" and "Cancel" button.
- window.prompt: opens a prompt dialog in which the user can enter values.
- IG.Confirm: a non-blocking confirmation dialog
- IG.notify: "sticky" status notifications
- IG.Busy: an alert-like, non-blocking message dialog that was specifically designed to be shown during pending AJAX requests.
Other Recipes in this category: