Installing GeoMedia Smart Client 2014
GeoMedia Smart Client uses the Intergraph Setup Manager to install the software.
1. Install all prerequisites
IIS 7 or higher
Microsoft .NET 4.0
Register ASP.NET 4.0
In case of Oracle: Make sure that the Oracle Client with ODAC Components 188.8.131.52 is installed. The correct version (in case of instant client) can be found at:  --> 64-bit ODAC 11.2 Release 4 (184.108.40.206.0) for Windows x64. At least instant client is needed
Continue with the installation of the GeoMedia Smart Client once the prerequisites have been installed successfully.
2. Open the GeoMedia Smart Client CD/DVD, or go to a network directory where the Setup Manager is located.
3. Double click on setup.exe; the Intergraph Setup Manager will start with the following dialog box:
- The links displayed under Action will change from Install/Configure to Modify, repair or remove, or Remove, reflecting what you can do at any given point in the installation or update process. The icons under the Status list will also change, reflecting your current status in the installation or update process.
4. In the Software list box, select the software that you want to install.
5. In the New Software dialgo box, click Install under Action. The installer will start. Please wait until the following dialog box appears:
6. Follow the instructions in the dialog box.
7. By default, the product is delivered to the following locations: C:\Program Files\Intergraph\GeoMedia SmartClient\. You can change the location to any other folder by clicking Change and navigating to a new root folder.
8. Deselect a software component if you prefer to install this specific component onto another server.
9. Click Next.
10. Click Install to install the product.
11. When GeoMedia Smart Client is installed, click Finish. You are returned to the Intergraph Setup Manager dialog box.
12. After a successful installation, an additional Configuration dialog box is displayed. GeoMedia Smart Client needs to be configured. This includes naming and configuring a virtual Web site and setting a path where the GeoMedia Smart Client warehouse directory will be installed.
13. In the Configuration box, check for Geomedia Smart Client and click Configure. The GeoMedia Smart Client Configuration Wizard will start.
14. Initialize your license. Generate your license by visiting our licensing Web site (http://www.intergraph.com/sgi/license), and use the Composite Key. Point to your license file or to the server where your license is installed. Note the Target Location!
15. Specify the configuration string to the database schema that will be used for GeoMedia Smart Client. The schema will be filled automatically during the first run of GMSC Administrator.
- In case of Oracle: The following statement can be used to create the schema. These are the minimum requirements.
CREATE USER GMSC IDENTIFIED BY GMSC DEFAULT TABLESPACE "USERS" TEMPORARY TABLESPACE "TEMP"; GRANT UNLIMITED TABLESPACE TO GMSC; --Alternative to UNLIMITED TABLESPACE --ALTER USER GMSC QUOTA 100M ON "USERS"; CREATE ROLE GMSC_ROLE; GRANT CREATE SESSION TO GMSC_ROLE; GRANT CREATE TABLE TO GMSC_ROLE; GRANT CREATE SEQUENCE TO GMSC_ROLE; GRANT CREATE TRIGGER TO GMSC_ROLE; GRANT CREATE PROCEDURE TO GMSC_ROLE; GRANT CREATE INDEXTYPE TO GMSC_ROLE; GRANT GMSC_ROLE TO GMSC;
- In case of SQL-Server: Just create a new database on the SQL Server and define a user. The database name and the user with the password must be the same as in your GeoMedia Smart Client configuration (see figure in step 15).
16. Define the warehouse location. The GeoMedia Smart Client Warehouse is used for files and directories that are only needed for the GeoMedia Smart Client (CSF, Servercache, and so on).
17. Now set the Web site for the GeoMedia Smart Client Web application. The installer configures the IIS automatically. Consider calling the application by this name in your Web browser.
18. Click Next to finish the configuration.
19. You can either choose if the GeoMedia Smart Client Tile Service is running under the “Local system account” or define another user. The second option is normally used if you want to access data sources (like Access MDB’s, shape files, …) who are located on a network share and the “Local system account” has no access privileges on these resources.
20. When the configuration has been finished successfully, you will see the Status change to a green button.
21. Modifiy the security settings of the NetworkService for the following directories that were created during the installation process. The path to the following directories depends on the path you defined in the installation. If you used the default path, you find the directories under C:\Program Files\Intergraph\..
- ..\GeoMedia SmartClient\ (and all subdirectories) (at least read)
- ..\GeoMedia SmartClient\log (at least modifiy)
- ..\GeoMedia SmartClient\maps\log (at least modifiy)
- ..\GeoMedia SmartClient\workflows\log (at least modifiy)
- ..\GeoMedia SmartClient\Workflows\FormSettings (at least read)
- ..\GeoMedia SmartClient\Workflows\WorkflowSettings (at least read)
- ..\GeoMedia SmartClient\administrator\log (at least modifiy)
- The Smart Client Warehouse directory and all subfolders must have full permission.
- TEMP folder, which is defined in Environment variables (Default: C:\Windows\Temp) (at least modifiy): Set by default but sometimes disabled by the administrator on the server side
22. Restart the IIS.
23. Restart the Intergraph TileService in the service console.
24. To log on to the Administrator, first open the url you have defined in Step 14 in a Web browser. (For instance: www.yourservername.com/GMSC/Administrator.) Then type in the default username (SCAdmin) and password (SCAdmin) to log in to the GeoMedia Smart Client Administrator.
1 "NO VALID LICENSE FOUND. PLEASE LICENSE YOUR PRODUCT" after starting the adminsitrator though the licence is integrated already
2 "Missing configuration for Sites." after starting the administrator
3 The administrator keep coming up blank with no errors in the log files
4 Upload file workflow and you get an error message Permission denied... or something similar